Cash withdrawals at ATM:
Step 1: Insert your card into the ATM at the slot indicated. If the ATM is a dip card ATM, dip the card in the slot and take it back. In case of motorized card reader, card will be retained in the ATM till the transaction is completed.
Step 2: Choose your language from the list.
Step 3: Enter your ‘Personal Identification Number’ (PIN); ATM will direct you to the next step of your transaction.
Step 4: Choose your option from the list. (Cash withdrawal,PIN change, Balance Inquiry and Mini statement etc.)
Step 5: If you do not wish to do further transactions, collect your card. The card should be collected as soon as it is rejected. or else it will be retained by the ATM. In such event, contact the card issuing branch.
Do’s & Don’ts of ATM / Debit Card operation.
- Sign on the strip on the back of your card as soon as you receive it.
- Memorize your PIN (Personal Identification number) and destroy all physical evidence of the PIN.
- Always change the PIN as soon as you receive it.
- Register your mobile number with the bank for getting SMS alerts for your ATM transactions.
- If you observe any unauthorized card transactions in the account immediately inform to the bank.
- Store the ATM-cum-Debit card carefully so that the card does not get damaged.
- If you notice anything suspicious or any other problem arises after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may cancel the transaction and leave.
- Cover keypad while entering the PIN.
- Be sure that you have your card and your receipt, after doing the transaction and then leave ATM Center.
- Once you complete your transaction, before leaving, be sure that â€˜Welcome Screen’ is displayed in the ATM and it is scrolling.
- Periodically verify the passbook entries to ensure its correctness, Any unauthorized card transaction, if observed, should be reported immediately to the Bank.
- Please ensure that the card is swiped in your presence at POS (Point of Sale).
- If your ATM/ Debit Card is lost or stolen, immediately Call the bank to block the card, For blocking the Debit Card please call on the help line no. 02488 230128.
- When you destroy your card upon expiry or closure of your account, cut it into four pieces through the magnetic strip.
- Do not write your PIN on the Card or back of the Card.
- Never share your PIN with any one including a family member or Bank personnel or in response to requests through email etc.
- Never carry your PIN in your wallet, purse or store it on your computer/communication device in the plain text.
- Never let anyone see you input your PIN
- Never use a PIN that could be guessed easily e.g. Your birthday or telephone number.
- Never leave your card in the ATM.
- Never leave your card unattended, e.g. in the car, in a hotel room, at petrol pump, at work or at any merchant establishments.
- Never attempt to use your Debit card at Merchant establishments that do not possess electronic point-of-sale (POS) swipe terminals.
- Do not respond to any E-mail purported to have been sent by the Bank asking for your ATM PIN or other financial credentials, These are called PHISHING attempts. Shri Swami Samarth Sahakari Bank never asks any personal details like PIN etc, for any purpose.
- Don’t give information regarding your ATM card or PIN over the telephone to anyone. Bank never asks for such information over the telephone.
- Never enter your PIN in any ATM that does not seem to be genuine or seems modified/has a suspicious device attached/operating in a suspicious manner, Immediately inform the Bank if you find any such suspicious activity.
- Don’t disclose your credentials like PIN while taking assistance from anyone or from the security guard when using an ATM.